Monday, September 15, 2008

Assignment 2

Assignment 2 is a pair work and we are supposed to come out with two complete lesson plans for the primary classroom. My pair and I decided to divide our work as usual to make things easier. We have to use two video clips to use in our lesson. The first one is given by our lecture while the second one have to be found by us. So after much exploration in youtube, eventually I found a video entitled ' One two buckle my shoe'. It is a rhyme which contains numbers and the rhyming sentences for those numbers. I personally feel that it is very suitable to conduct reading lesson in the classroom. Since the video has two parts in it, it would be easy for teacher to divide the class into two and elect a group a role to read. Kids would love it because it is a new approach of reading. Add to the point, children will develop sense of competence by reading in group to perform their best. The entire process of attempting this assignment 2 wasd quite heavy for me because i got to prepare lesson plans and teaching materials and at the same time i had other course assingments to be done. But i took all that as a challenge and did my works by managing my time wisely. The next assignment is coming up and it sounds more challenging when the lecture gave us the description of it. Another big brigde to be crossed.

No comments: