Monday, September 15, 2008

The Four Skills-Mine READING

We were required to be in groups of 4 and develop a lesson and activities for the chosen skill. As for me, i got reading skill. So, i decided to do e-book since it is very effective to deliver input in a more systematic and organised way. At the same time, pupils will enjoy and have fun with it since they are new to such materials. It is beyond the everyday classroom learning. Since the topic of my group is 'People', i planned to do about family because it is authentic and so much related to the pupils' real life. I explored deeply on a selected family where i introduced the family members and their interest. This can enable the pupils to connect the ideas to their own families. The journey into the process of completing my e-book and activities was just fine. I explored the pictures in yahoo image and add in animations of people to make the e-book lively. Not forgetting the fonts and background colour for the e-book.I feel that these elements play great role in a delivery of a lesson. I believe that students can be influenced by their emotions by looking at these elements. If a dull and dim colours are applied on the slides, for sure the pupils will be demotivated to even look at it.So, i tried my level best to make my e-book as colourful as possible by attaching animated pictures and wordings.

No comments: